Dreamer.

Ad astra per aspera.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Time to think.

In the most recent days I've been away from here (Yes, I know, I did say I would try to write religiously) I have been working, raising my son, spending time with my husband, and just thinking about my life and the direction which I am headed in. And this is the conclusion I've come to.

I believe I need to take the SATs. I want to apply for several colleges, while I probably won't go out of state, it's a nice idea to think that I could get accepted into an out of state college. I want to feel like I have the brains and application down. I mean, with the colleges I applied to my Senior year, I got accepted to four of the four I applied to.

So, it's nice to know that I can get into them if I wanted. Although, it's going to be hard, considering I need to take that stupid test. But I am just going to go to IVY Tech for a while.

I know now who my real friends are. I say that with the most deepest sincerity. Although, one of them hates the other one, that's fine, because they don't have to be in the same room together. (Personal vendettas are so pointless, ladies). My best friend from high school, she just doesn't seem to want to hang out anymore, or call, or message me. Now that I think about it, I talked to her sister the other day longer than I've talked to her since May. Sad, isn't it?

I'm craving Oriental food. Crab legs from bloomington to be exact.

I now know who I am, by the way. It took some time, but I know. I just know. And this is odd to say, but it's all thanks to the PostSecret Community that I know who I am. Those people there are awesome, and we all trust each other-even though we're complete strangers.

Is the world that funny sometimes? Like, you know, you'll be best friends with someone for so many years, and then you open your eyes and realize that the friend you haven't spoken to in four years wants to be your friend still, and is sorry for not making their motives that caused the break clear? Then you can pick up a conversation like that and be friends again. It's funny like that.

I saw a photo of myself from the beginning of my sixth grade year. I was so tiny. Bony. Skinny. Anorexic. And it disgusted me that I ever thought I was fat, that I let other girls tell me I was fat. I looked at that photo and I wondered what the hell was wrong with me.

Society is unforgiving. But when you get older, you realize that society's opinion of you doesn't matter at all.

Well, I'm going to go before I begin to rant on etiquette.

<3
Faith

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home